My next mod is anyone else running this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn if i knew this kinda of stuff was gonna be this much fun I would have gone to school for engineering instead of criminal justice. lol Unfortunately I was raised by simple shade tree mechanics under the hood of old carberated vehicles with simple electrical systems, no way in hell we would be able to tackle something like this by ourselves, and I dont know of any good hot rod shops in my area that I would trust, or be able to afford for that matter. Guess I should just go the force induction route, and swap in a 80e tranny. Seems like a lot simpler at this point

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn if i knew this kinda of stuff was gonna be this much fun I would have gone to school for engineering instead of criminal justice. lol Unfortunately I was raised by simple shade tree mechanics under the hood of old carberated vehicles with simple electrical systems, no way in hell we would be able to tackle something like this by ourselves, and I dont know of any good hot rod shops in my area that I would trust, or be able to afford for that matter. Guess I should just go the force induction route, and swap in a 80e tranny. Seems like a lot simpler at this point

?? if you're going forced induction, you'll HAVE to do the ramjet or simmilar MPFI setup to properly fuel it. there is no way the spider alone can handle the fuel requirements for boost.

bai78

Surviving...
Reaction score
The kit would be fine, but to attempt & make serious/reliable power you would need to do a true MPFI setup as stated above.

You could always do that later, but at least have fun with FI in the meantime. Also, do yourself a favor & get a custom tune.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kit would be fine, but to attempt & make serious/reliable power you would need to do a true MPFI setup as stated above.

You could always do that later, but at least have fun with FI in the meantime. Also, do yourself a favor & get a custom tune.

I wouldn't ever run any forced induction on the stock spider. you might be able to get away with it with extremely low boost and very careful tuning, and conservative driving style, but even then I wouldn't recommend doing it. forced induction requres alot more fuel when under boost, both for the chemical combustion reaction to be in the correct ratio, as well as a thermal regulator for the combustion reaction. if you start running lean, especially under boost, you can cause MAJOR damage quicker than you can say 'I should have upgraded my fueling system first'.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Bai how many miles on your pro-charger kit installed with stock fuel system? How were your driving habits when you installed it? Any other fuel mods at the time besides a intank walboro and BBTune? Did you use the boost-a-pump with a stock fuel pump or upgraded to the warlboro at the same time?

bai78

Surviving...
Reaction score
FF40:

- At this time I have about 45k on the ProCharger. The previous owner put about 20k on it.
- My driving habits didn't really change, believe it or not.
- The inline pump was used with the stock system & still is in use even with the Racetronix/Walbro kit.

Now onto my next upgrade with the marine intake & LS3 injectors.