my new truck... no more gmt400.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

so the story behind it comes along.....

i went to my uncle-in-laws house this weekend, and was fixing something on his truck at the time, when i looked at the back yard and seen wheels sticking out from under a tarp... so i asked him what it was. it was his "project"...

went and uncovered it, and it was this truck.. at 1983 swb chevy.. he said i could buy it for a hundred bucks, plus a hundred a month for 3 months.. so pretty much 400 bucks.

so i went to town, got the cash, bought some oil, oil filter, fuel filter, fresh gas, etc...

get back, change all that stuff in it, and it fires up.. but, i didnt notice until this point it had true 3" dual pipes out to flowmasters..

the engine isnt stock by no means. it was rebuilt about a year ago, with a nice cam (he didnt know the specs), edelbrock intake, carb, and the dressy stuff like valve covers and air filter cover... the carb turns out to be an 800cfm 4 barrel...

transmission is a 700r4 that needs a new tranny pan gasket, and a shift kit IMO...

The Bad:
it was painted about 3 years ago, but the clear is peeling horribly, so it will be put into primer this weekend.

hideous mud tires on the back of it lol.. i call it "redneckified"...

camo will be coming off the rockers, somehow... the bottom part of the vinyl is covered in bed liner...

interior needs some serious help.. the dash pad is cracked, and "painted" with more bed liner... camaro seats with custom bracketry, along with a late 80's bronco center console is also attached there...

complete fiberglass center console is in the plans, along with matching tires for the back, and painted the copperhead color of "Project Copperhead" within the next month hopefully

Bad91Bowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a bad start, like you said get rid of that camo and a little drop is all she needs.
Nice looking square body, congrats.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow nice trade off man I'd take a squarebody truck anyday, love them older trucks but I want a round eyes (headlight) truck.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah nice truck gotta love the OOBS i'm with Swims though, I would kill for a K20 Scottsdale with a stepside bed and round headlights