My new system, need your input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custom rides

Reaction score
separating the power and audio cables is what you should do. as far as running the the power, drill a hole in the fire wall and run the power cables into the kick panel and under the sill plate. same with the audio cables but on the opposite side.

QFT...

BigT44

Reaction score
Anyone know?? Also I am thinking of just leaving the back 4x6's alone. Will this be a mistake?? Finally, does anyone know about fosgate audio??

jaemitch

Reaction score
Questions:
1. Do I need to upgrade my alternator? no alt needed adding another batter under the hood is good.
2. Should I go ahead and plan on putting an inline fuse close to the battery? always fuse
3. Do I even need to power my door and back wall speakers with an amp? I am trying to avoid distortion and that "muddy" sound that comes from some car setups where the speakers are either crap or underpowered. power the speakers with and amp is preference i would personally use 2 2 channels amps and an EQ to make it sound awesome.
4. Besides from under the drivers seat, are there any other places you would recommend mounting the amp so that it safely secured and in an area where it would receive adequate cooling and not be in the way. whit the equipment ure running they shouldnt get to hot being under or behind the seats
5. Should I rewire the entire truck with new speaker cable. That is, if I amp the door and back wall speakers, should I run new wire and if so what gauge do you recommend and how would you go about it. I would use 12 gauge from amp to speakers.
6. Any tips or tricks you would recommend. Are there any components you would also swap out or update while pulling apart all this? Test RCAs as stated b4.
7. Is sound damping really necessary? I understand this might be done if you were trying to build an elite system to compete at shows with but for a young guy like myself to crank it up every once in a while do I really need to do it? Would a **** ton of components in my truck rattle all of a sudden causing me to regret not doing it? not nessacary but it will give u a better sounding vehicle.
8. Are there any components I am missing, or of the ones I have selected are there ones that are better for the buck? When picking this system out I was told the JL subs were clean, hit hard, and were the top end and if I were going to replace the door and wall speakers that Alpine was the way to go. Which brand a person use is pretty much what they prefer.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
you can leave the backs alone but you will tell a difference. the backs will be softer and quieter. rockford fosgate mekes great stuff though, IMO anything from them is a good choice