My new old truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doofreeride

Reaction score
They do for sure ! If you look at the pic of my 1/2 ton suburban earlier in the post , that has 285's on it also

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have any mileage comparison of 285s vs 245s? I kick around the idea of 285s from time to time, but I usually talk myself out of it for fear of dropping the mileage. Right now I'm running 265s, can't say they had any adverse affect on mileage.

Doofreeride

Reaction score
I don't really have any mileage comparisons but I would guess to say it is definitely worse but how much worse is certainly gonna depend on gear ratio and type of driving . If you tow alot in stop and go traffic it is definitely going to hurt it alot more than if you just do alot of highway miles . My truck does not have a G80 rear and it has 3:73 gears so I am planning on doing a locker and 4:10 gears as I do a fair amount of towing , we do get alot of snow where I live and my driveway is a ***** in the winter so the locker will be a positive upgrade

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A locker would be a nice addition. I imagine with 3.73 gears 285s the truck feels somewhat lethargic, especially when towing. I have 4.10 gears and plenty of torque, so I could run 285s but for now the 265s will stay haha 285s sure do look good though.