My grandfather gave me his old truck, what do I do with it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discoman

Reaction score
He gave me his 1990 C1500 ECLB that he bought brand new that has about 199,000 miles on it, but here is the thing. He had replaced the transmission in it then two weeks later hit a deer with it and it sat for five years at the family farm, he said it still runs but it's going to need a front clip and a radiator. So my question is, Is it worth going to get as a spare car or part it out?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
If it's free and the frame isn't tweaked, fix it. Junkyard parts :deal: you might end up with $500 in a good truck. Plus with it fixed, if you decide to sell you could get a lot more.... Invest $500 and sell for $2000 (random #'s...) or invest nothing and sell it for $500.
:shrug:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fix it. Front clips and radiators are easy to do. Get the radiator from the parts store and every thing else from the junk yard.. Free running truck that only needs a little work... Definitely worth it to keep and fix or fix and sell for a profit...

Sent from what use to be a great country.

discoman

Reaction score
I'm going to keep it since it can be saved and I'll drive it around once it's fixed so I can keep the '97 for my project.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
No doubt you should keep it, if you lived close to me id let you buy my core support, headlight pig tails, 94+ grill and bumper, and inner fenders from my 96' cab sitting out back.