My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Lord the last 2 days of my week off have been killer... Refrigerator went out $2000 and my 370z's theft lock chit screwed up $1300. Anyhow I gotta bunch of the carb swap parts at the house, still need a few things but over the last week I finally got my HIDs and changed all the frontend lights. Great improvement. Changed my instrument cluster lights to LEDs .. also did a complete drum brake rebuild for the first time. Wasn't really bad at all. Anyhow here is a pick of the lights :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lord the last 2 days of my week off have been killer... Refrigerator went out $2000 and my 370z's theft lock chit screwed up $1300. Anyhow I gotta bunch of the carb swap parts at the house, still need a few things but over the last week I finally got my HIDs and changed all the frontend lights. Great improvement. Changed my instrument cluster lights to LEDs .. also did a complete drum brake rebuild for the first time. Wasn't really bad at all. Anyhow here is a pick of the lights :)

You must be registered for see images attach

that truck is sick !!!

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
you need to be on here more often- you have one of the cleanest looking trucks on the site

that truck is sick !!!

Really appreciate it fellas. And I do get on here pretty often but usually don't post that much. I'll try to start taking more pics of my work on Greenie. I just usually get so zoned out working, I don't wanna stop for pics lol.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about some more info/pix of this meth setup. Been looking at them quit a bit...

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
How about some more info/pix of this meth setup. Been looking at them quit a bit...

Well whatcha wanna know bro? Methanol injection is a really straight forward setup. Which if your fuel injected, the first thing you should do is consult with your tuner and see what brands and activation style they prefer... some will only deal with certain setups. I on the other hand won't have this issue anymore :)

I did have a stage 2 Snow setup but sold it and will be going with a AEM boost activated setup that's progressive as well.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I was looking at that snow set-up, just curious weather you run washer fluid or their fluid and is the price worth the gains in a N/A engine?

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Yea I was looking at that snow set-up, just curious weather you run washer fluid or their fluid and is the price worth the gains in a N/A engine?

No no, I'm not running any meth right now, I've only run it on my boosted vehicles which has been my last 3 trucks LOL... For a NA platform, unless your running borderline compression for pump gas you won't see any benefit at all. And in that the only advantages you could see on NA would be added octane to prevent detonation and you could possibly up the timing several degrees.... It's really spooky being completely dependent on meth though, I try to avoid it but sometimes you can't. And on a FI vehicle you can really run any mixture you want and tuning can resolve any induction problems what so ever. A carb'd vehicle isn't quite so easy because I won't have the options like a FI does, pull timing here, advance here, pull fuel here, etc etc... My setup will be on a MSD Boost timing master which can simply retard timing per psi. But for tuning purposes, I'll be running 80% water, 20% meth... The engine will never even know it's there. I can tune my engine for boost without meth, then run this mixture and the only side affects will be around 150* intake temp drop and extra protection against detonation. It rarely ever needs additional tuning with 100% or 80/20 on a carbed vehicle, its just a really safe and easy setup. I've done a lot of research over the years on meth and I'm a big fan. I'm excited to get it up and running on Green. If I can stop this bad luck and setbacks I'll really get this project going but like I said earlier it's been a rough week... Fridge went out, car in the shop, first of the month so the bills are due, and I'm headed to Fayetteville for a few days... It's gonna be a $5,000 + week :nono: And this is supposed to be my week off to enjoy.... That could of been my Dart 383 stroker and a good down payment on some AFR's :mad:

i like the sig btw lol do me a favor and spell continue correctly cause im dumb and dont know how to apparantly.

HAHA actually it was prolly my mistake dude, but FIXED :slap:

On a side note, just checked Fedex and it looks like my speaker box will finally be here today so it's time to go run some wires and get my Memphis amp hooked up and ready to blast on the Sundown 12. I have about a 1000 mile trip to take tomorrow and I'm taking Greenie since the car let me down... Fayetteville bound :driver:

Last edited: