My A/C Blows... Weakly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chaddilac

Reaction score
Hey guys just finished my a/c install and my air out of the vents is pretty weak on the high setting has anyone taken the climate control box out of the truck and cleaned it out or are there problems like air leaks that are inherent to our trucks like a foam seal or ducting that rots or disentigrates and lets air escape or is this just how it is my wifes ford focus makes my eyes water it blows so hard haha ((the a/c that is)) :evillol: thanks aprreciate it

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2... im going through the same issue.. im gonna pull the blower motor out from behind the glovebox and see how much trash is in there.. from what my AC tech here at work said, that is the most common cause..

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just cleaned mine today. These trucks don't have any kind of filtration for the a/c. It looked like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

And the blower motor blades were caked in dust and dirt.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone do a WRITE UP and let's STICKY it!!! This is something I'd love to do over the weekend cuz I'm sure mine's just as dirty as anyone's, I'm just a newb and need write ups cuz I'm not sure what all's involved if anyone wants to let me in on what's involved, that would help too!

I also used to have that cricket noise going on...but not anymore I don't think. I got my A/C working a month ago but the compressor decided to take a fat dump so I got to throw a new one on and get it charged again $$$$ nonstop

Chaddilac

Reaction score
I'm goin to tackle mine next weekend I will try to do a writeup I have never don't one but oh well worth a shot right

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd love a write up on this too. Does the 88-94 look similar? Is there a cabin filter?