My A/C Blows... Weakly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is that filter located? do you have to take out the entire dash? i cant tell if that is inside the cab or under the hood. Mine also blows weakly, and i want to clean it out. No one did a write up of this?

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Anyone have any other/better pics of the location of these parts? I have little to no blowing out of my dash vents when I am on the dash setting. I can hear a ton of air blowing out somewhere, but it aint out the vents. Any other issues with the HVAC that might cause this?

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
pull the blower motor out and its inside there

Thanks. and I'm sorry, but I'm still learning the site. I'm sure it's easy to navigate for regulars, but I still cant figure out where to post certain things or where to find info. Are there links anywhere to service manuals, wiring diagrams, component locations, etc, etc somewhere on this forum so I dont have top ask dumb questions like where is the blower motor??? lol

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I think there is a tech writeup on fullsize chevy. Pretty sure you have to be a member to read the articles though.

Basically,
pull the blower motor out and up to the left is what you want to clean.

I already cleaned mine, but I'm going to take it apart soon and do a better job. The air is still coming out pretty weak.

josh

Reaction score
Ac

Just cleaned mine today. These trucks don't have any kind of filtration for the a/c. It looked like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

And the blower motor blades were caked in dust and dirt.

How did u get to that piece ? I've seen it but Idk how to get to it , help would be appreciated

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
How did u get to that piece ? I've seen it but Idk how to get to it , help would be appreciated

Remove your steering column (not hard), remove all 5 screws/bolts holding your dash in, and fold your dash over (it's designed that way). Viola, instant evaporator access!

At least that's how I do it on my '96...