my 98 stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they only took 6 oz of weight to balance, and measure pretty true to height. off the truck they measure 39.5" tall,on the truck 39" exact.
cant wait for the other 2 to show up and see what they can do.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
You'll love the mud grapplers. I love mine. I am jealous of your exhaust set up. That's the set up I need to do. Make sure to rotate your ties now frequently to get the most out of your tires. The mud graps cup pretty fast

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these. As soon ss I get the other 2 mounted I'm going to take it down and see if they can get it on the alignment rack. I have my toe in at 1/8". Just worried about the camber. My pitbulls had a slight uneven wear pattern on the outter edge.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
It's funny you say that because mine have a slight uneven outer wear pattern as well and the shop said it was all perfectly aligned

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think its a combo of the hp 44 with 74 chevy flattops , and outters from a 86 chevy truck. The big o in town said to bring it in.
Possibly could do degree shims between the spindles and knuckle. I'll let you know when I get it done.
My caster is at 5º.

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Cant wait to get it out.the wife had to take the 2 tires I just got yestetday back to have them dismount and flip the tires. The first 2 that are on the truck have the scales on the sidewall facing out.the others have the smooth sidewall showing.

Last edited:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I have another question that will help me greatly on my SAS to come! With your HP44, what front driveline did you use? Did you use the stock shaft and did you have to change a yoke or anything?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I have another question that will help me greatly on my SAS to come! With your HP44, what front driveline did you use? Did you use the stock shaft and did you have to change a yoke or anything?

get one built for the truck would be the proper way to do it, with an old shaft theres really no telling what all is wrong with it.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 1310 cv shaft built at a local shop. I had to use a 32 spline yoke for a jeep to clear the shift motor on the t case.
I'll get pics and a part number for the yoke tonight when I get home.

Last edited: