my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well.. I sectioned out a half inch strip of the frame just above the tranny cross member, lifted the section and boxed it in.. now it lays frame completely. But, the leaf spring perch hits the bed floor!!! LMAO!!! It just does stop the rear from layen out, or... well... It did :) Since the floor is gone in that area, and its just the beds lower lip.. AND im raising the floor any how.. hehehe I just slammed the bish down really fast a few times. No more problem :) I need a new Y pipe since its kinda D shaped from being static and butchered up pretty bad.. Its been beat so bad it dont hang below the frame any, it actually just does touch the street when layed out.. I lowered it slow as hell to make sure its not being pushed up any. So for now, im good to lay :)

what you mean when you say sectioned the crossmember? all i did was add plate to the side but aint put it in yet, now you got me worried

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
love the new pics bill makin me want mine done worse now....lol i finally moved it the other night in my shop! thats so i could pull the dmax in the shop and work on the exhaust....got a 8" tip on it now haha

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He just did his a different way, mine and sierra's are like your's just plated on the side on drilled new holes on the side of the frame.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
woo that makes me feel so much better lol now just need to get it mounted.... got me some step bits atleast

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
lost track of this one for awhile. lookin badass man, love the suicide doors.

Reaction score
Thanks :) And yeah, my crossmember is very wide and shaped very weird. Everyone adds a plate to theres and bolt it into the side. I just raised mine a half inch to clear the bolt heads and help raise the exhaust some.

Reaction score
really hard to see in this pic, but the frame just has a small step up/ notch.. pretty much dead center of pic..
You must be registered for see images attach