my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey let me know how that stuff works out Dev! I'm thinking i may use it also. Its probably easier to blend in if i decide to add it somewhere else afterwards.. May use it on the inner side of the bedsides (wheel well area), i dont like seeing the back of the shaved step area from the outside of the truck. Need a finish on it..lol

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I will I want to have the truck painted first though so I dont have to worry about getting overspray on it lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh man that would seriously suck! Hope i never have to do that, im thinking about getting some chrome bolts to replace the ones in the bed that hold the sides on.. That way i never have to ruin the liner if i remove the bedsides.. A washer behind the head of it of course..lol What brand did you use? If it was that bad to get off, its gotta be good!

I think nice polished stainless bolt's would look great, I would be afraid the chrome ones would rust. I used Herculiner, I have heard people complain about it, but I put it on thick and did 2 coats, I used a gallon and a half on a stepside bed and it turned out great, and it was in place for 4 year's with no problem's.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Oh I forgot my dad used some of the dup on one of the wreckers its been on there a few years and holding up even having chains banged and drug acrossed it. Its kind of a gritty texture not real smooth but not like a rhino lining niether.

Reaction score
I meant stainless bolts lol.. Yeah the chrome ones would rust upon the first tiny scratch lol.. I may do the Dup so i can do it in sections and over time.. Id hate to know how much id get charged if i visited the local Rhino Liner here a few times..lol Id buy a gun for the stuff and do it myself, but id never have a use for the gun again :(

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Hey man a guy on fsc did his bedliner in colors to match his paint job. it looked really badass let me see if I can find his thread cuase its got all the info about it. As much work as you have in that bed wouldnt it be badass to match your paint job?

Reaction score
I made a line the same width of the fenders lip and left that piece on. Cut the entire flat top of the step off. and cut from the flat top around to the rear. it gave me the whole corner minus the top piece. You can recess that piece back and keep the body line. You only have to make a transition piece to go from the fender lip back to where the fender comes into the bedside. I used a cardboard template wrapped in masking tape. Then i ground down the inner bedside area so i could glass it all in good. Ended up not wanting the body line so i cut out the body line area and recessed the step piece in just a little more and filled the gap with glass.