My '97's New Paint!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'Collinite 845'. What is that? Never heard of it before. Always interested in trying something new though.

We are still working on a couple of probs, so before I get too crazy on throwing stuff on the paint, we have to get those fixed.
Can't see it in the pix, but the clear has flattened out in a couple of spots. Roof & the tailgate. Have to do some more wet sanding & polishing.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wax on...

You must be registered for see images attach

...Wax off!

You must be registered for see images attach

i hate when it does that, i have a good body man as well, gotta love when they are really good at what they do

on another note, that is the same tire and wheel combination i have, too bad firestone doesn't make them anymore, at least not in my size:(

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea, Firestone no longer makes the Firehawk in 275/60-15's.
There are a few manufacturers that do though. Gotta dig deep to find 'em, though. Hankook, Cooper, BFG, Mastercraft (?), Nitto, Kumho, Dayton, etc., etc. But most are 14-20 year old technology in these sizes. If the shipping wasn't so stupid, I'd consider Euro spec tires. They seem to have a greater choice when it comes to 15" tires.
The truck'll be needing new shoes in the spring, & I've already begun searching.
Been considering these...
'Federal Couragia S/U's'.
They're an 'H' rated tire. About $100.00/ea. Good looking tire! UTQC of 400, so they are fairly hard, which should make 'em last a while, but certainly not comparable as far as stickiness goes, to a tire with a 300 UTQC. 300 & lower UTQC rating tires will not have a long wear period.
Had some 'H' rated Bridgestone tires on my El Camino, which were replaced with some T/A's. The 'S' rated T/A's were crap when compared to the B'stones. Corners that I could go into @110k on the B's & accelerate through, I wouldn't even think to attempt @ 90k on the T/A's.
I've also been looking at 'Hankook Ventus H101's', 'S' rated. Only because of the size is right, & they kinda look cool! No idea on how they perform or last. Probably similar to the T/A's.
Then there's these. Kumho Ecsta STX's. Speed rating of 'V'! Overkill for sure on a truck! Decent price for what they are.

Last edited:

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and I have family that are bridgestone employees, so I get a discount on them, may go 235 75, unless I can find another viable tire, or Tahoe limited wheels so I can run 16s

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2