My '97's New Paint!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
(Crappy I-phone) PIX!!!
I took a bunch!

You must be registered for see images attach

No more banner!

Fixed roof!

I'm more than a little happy with the paint! Hehe! 'Eddie the Bodyman' held onto the truck for an extra 2 days just to color sand, polish & wax it! I put 48 beer in his fridge for that! And he painted the mirrors too. That wasn't on the original estimate. Love when people go above & beyond!

I can't find a flaw! Giggity!

Picked it up at 11 this morning.
Cleaned the windows, goop on the tires & checked the pressure. Took it in for an oil change & lube. Filled the tank.
Then I went & racked up 235 miles!
Drove up to a valley road that's an in-n-out. Little traffic. 22 miles one way by road, but only about 9 miles in a straight line. Lined by huge old trees that were just starting to change color, with the odd farm to break things up a bit. Probably has an elevation change over the length of 1000' or so.
Couldn't believe my eyes when I got there. Brand new pavement! Wider than before, with all the potholes on the edges of the corners filled. The road lines couldn't have been more than 2 days old! Most of it new anyway. Some of the older pavement hadn't been re-done yet. Short bits in between all that new stuff. Just enough to keep things interesting.
Drove it twice! There was absolutely no other vehicles! None!
Fair amount of blind corners, but in other spots you get glimpses of the road ahead as it rises from outa sight, or between the trees, then disappears down & around another corner.
Some long corners are over 270deg. First a left then a right, back to a left. Long sweepers marked 45mph. By the last run, I'm going into them @ 60+, accelerating through. Then several short tight twisties. Quick direction changes, & up & down through the gears. A couple of fairly long straights, with the longest about a 1/4 mile, and just as the speed starts to get up there, gotta get on the binders, gear down & dive into a series of 17 corners from 90-210deg.'s. Marked 30mph, going into them at 45 & exiting at over 55! Too much fun!
Figured I'd better slow down when my co-pilot started getting grumpy! On some older pavement in some tight corners filled with ripples, the truck started to do a bit of a stuttering-bouncy kinda thing. Couple of times! That stuff doesn't bother me. Just downshift & hammer down. Drive out of it! Dog looked me as if to say "Y'know, you're a real a$$hole!"
So he farted! A real stinker! Hate when he does that! But I got the hint!
Yea, I missed driving it!

Still have some stuff to do. There's some wax residue, & I've peeled a couple of pieces of tape left over. I'll probably find more. A bit of overspray on the windshield & wheels. Typical body shop dust inside. Wheel wells need a touch up with a spray bomb. Minor stuff, though.
Only took a MONTH!!! But after getting it back looking like this, don't think I have anything to ***** about!
Happy guy, today!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Looks awesome Al! Glad you got her back looking like new again!

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Congrats Al! Truck looks great. It's always great to get 'em back looking better than before, I know the feeling.