My 96 GMC 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'll start a thread where I can update some things I'm doing to the truck. Here's the story.. this is my first OBS. I bought it for 2,000 with factory wheels/tires. It ran great and have done little odds and ends to it, but so far in the year I've owned it, its been a great truck.

Yes it came with a huge dent that I need fixed.

You must be registered for see images

The int is clean.. 177k miles.

I just put some fender flares on it.. I like the look better..

Tires are Hankook 305/70-16. I'd like to get a 2 or 3" body lift.. this is my DD so that'll be enough.

Exhaust is a true dual with a Dynomax X-flo muffler.

I've also installed an overhead console and plan on doing a ScanGauge II in the blank face area of the overhead console.

More pics to come..

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a chop of a 2" BL

Also, I just filled up. I got 12.7 mpg and thats with ALL city (small town) driving.. so I think that's pretty good! I'm going to try and get that up to 14 city, if I can... Here's what I plan to do...

remove tailgate and add a net or bed extender
electric fans
tune up.. new plugs and wires
not sure what else.....

I do plan on getting a ScanGauge 2 to try and help keep track of the improvements.... I know its a damn truck.. but it might as well be efficient.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Here's a chop of a 2" BL

Also, I just filled up. I got 12.7 mpg and thats with ALL city (small town) driving.. so I think that's pretty good! I'm going to try and get that up to 14 city, if I can... Here's what I plan to do...

remove tailgate and add a net or bed extender
electric fans
tune up.. new plugs and wires
not sure what else.....

I do plan on getting a ScanGauge 2 to try and help keep track of the improvements.... I know its a damn truck.. but it might as well be efficient.

Removing the tailgate (or tailgate down) does not help MPG.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removing the tailgate (or tailgate down) does not help MPG.

According to Mythbusters, removing the tailgate and adding a net does improve mileage by 5% on the HWY. Their claim, not mine. I'm going to try it.

But removing any sort of weight is going to help no matter what.. I've got a heavy hitch on the back I'm going to take off too. Thats at least a 100lbs.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldent mind those rims. I like the truck by the way. I too like the look of the fender flares