My 96 eclb 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blownfarmtruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i finally took some more photos of my truck. Its pretty basic and stock for now. Really the only thing i have done cosmetically is paint the wheels. Next on the "to do" list is a 2.5" level kit, paint the G M C grill letters black and the corner lights white. More about the truck in my sig. Let me know what you think.:)
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That truck is super clean. I like your username by the way.

Your truck would be wicked if you just the engine and left the rest of the truck stock. Something around 800hp. It would be such a sleeper.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

blownfarmtruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That truck is super clean. I like your username by the way.

Your truck would be wicked if you just the engine and left the rest of the truck stock. Something around 800hp. It would be such a sleeper.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-
Thank you. The truck only has 89k miles. The Whipple was installed by the dealership, as was the rear gears, Eaton, and rear air bags. The previous owner rebuilt the engine with a fordged rotating assembly with lower compression pistons and added the 8 psi pulley and had it tuned by a local performance shop. He also had the 4L80e rebuilt with all HD parts. The Information on the transmission say it can handle over 900ft/lbs of torque. I added the CAI and the headers. It is a sleeper for sure. My wife and I went out to eat last night and on the way back a turbo'ed rice burner was at the light. So me being funny i reved it a few times and let my flowmasters talk to him. He then reved his is little turbo 4 banger up a few times as well. He jumped me from the light, because i get NO traction if i just hammer it, but i was soon at his tailights. The truck then shifted in OD and i was GONE. You should have seen the look on face when i passed him in a 3/4 ton truck. I have also shut down a few hemis that did not see me coming, but thought i would be funny to rev up at me at a stop light. You cant hear the Whipple at all so i just tell them its a old farm truck and drive off. :)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Nice truck. I agree with what Horns said, I'm really into performance but stock looking GMT-400s. I just wish I had the cash to build myself something that looked like it rolled off the factory floor in 1996, but with a little more umph under the hood.
I wish my 3/4 ton was as clean as yours. If it was a 4wd (I don't dig 2wds in thick snow), I'd probably come steal it from you.

blownfarmtruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck. I agree with what Horns said, I'm really into performance but stock looking GMT-400s. I just wish I had the cash to build myself something that looked like it rolled off the factory floor in 1996, but with a little more umph under the hood.
I wish my 3/4 ton was as clean as yours. If it was a 4wd (I don't dig 2wds in thick snow), I'd probably come steal it from you.
I plan to leave it stock. I'm gonna add a grill guard and a level kit, but other than that its staying how it sits. I don't believe in changing things that are already so great. Like I have always been told, if aint broke don't fix it. Thank you for all the compliments.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I plan to leave it stock. I'm gonna add a grill guard and a level kit, but other than that its staying how it sits. I don't believe in changing things that are already so great. Like I have always been told, if aint broke don't fix it. Thank you for all the compliments.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

^ this. Bringing it up a little in the front would help a lot. But like you said, gm spent a lot of time designing how these things look.