My '94 ECSB 4.3 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
If I can find one I would. And it is a vortec for sure I checked the numbers on the block and called chevy. Its not the 350 vortec(obviously) but it has the vortec heads. Why would you think its not?

Probably thinking the same thing I am, the truck is a '94, Vortecs didn't come out in these until 96.. It just looks like it has vortec valve covers :shrug:
Nice to see some work getting done to her, regardless!

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A Vortec engine has a different injection system and everything, that is TBI injection.

It either has Vortec heads (which is good, ~30 more HP) or Vortec valve covers (good for 0 hp).

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Probably thinking the same thing I am, the truck is a '94, Vortecs didn't come out in these until 96.. It just looks like it has vortec valve covers :shrug:
Nice to see some work getting done to her, regardless!

Thats exactly what I thought. Plus I dont think there is a v6 tbi intake for the vortec heads like we have for v8s.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok let me straighten this out real quick. They did in fact make the 4.3 Vortecs before the 5.7 Vortecs that came out in 96. In fact it first came out in 1988 4.3 "Vortec" that used "vortex technology" to create a vortex inside the combustion chamber, creating a better air/fuel mix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Vortec_engine

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I got the new exhaust manifold and y-pipe put in. That fixed the leak haha
Then I put a tach I had laying around on it, i know, i know "its not a honda", but I like to see my engine rpms. Call it habit. Then I put my new JVC head unit in, and lastly I put the new grenade shift knob on it. Looks awesome. I will take some pics tomorrow in the light and post them.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New tach
You must be registered for see images attach

New JVC head unit

Grenade shift knob

Installed

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ok you said you wanted suggestions in a diff thread so here it goes swap to a V8 first of all, then get rid of the ricer tail lights haha then, get the rust fixed.