My 88 Silverado. Project- Bag the truck lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks! marcos not sure where I can plate the frame on the bottom and not be in the way. that plate i have on top is 6" wide. I am thinking about putting the stock bumper and hitch back on it. Not FOR sure, but thinking about it so If I put the other have of that plate on the bottom and towards the back.. afraid it might get in my way.. Get we will have to see If I can use it or not. All else fails I can run it for a little bit, until I can get some money to get a better piece of steel to brace the lower rear. Maybe If I bolt my hitch back on the bottom side it will brace it?? what ya think? hahaha just throwing some ideas out there.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The hitch will help, but you still need a crossmember tie the frame rail's together up toward the notch, I am using 2x4 rectangular tubing right behind my watt's and at the very rear because I don't have a hitch.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to find some square tubing to do what you did draggin95, but could not find any that was basically exact as the height of the frame rails.

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I am jealous.. place I go to did not have anything like that. So instead of having a nice clean setup.. I got a piece of jagged metal on top of my frame rails that is still not good enough apparently lol

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I am jealous.. place I go to did not have anything like that. So instead of having a nice clean setup.. I got a piece of jagged metal on top of my frame rails that is still not good enough apparently lol
something else draggin95.. did you mount your tank with only two bolts for the whole thing?? I would think it would make the tank flop back and forth..