My 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Well, I got the passenger side wheel off and the back fender flare on. Trimming the molding was tricky, but I did a pretty good job with a razor knife and patience.

Also took off the drum and wire brushed and repainted it while I was in there.

Here is the drum:
You must be registered for see images attach

Final result:
You must be registered for see images attach

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm digging your truck and your mods so far. Ever since I owned a dark green XJ I've been partial to green. This thread also reminds me of how bad I want an ECSB instead of my RCLB.

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, sick lookin rig, I've always loved that shade of green! Where did you order your flares from?

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Truck looks good!!! Where did you get your flares from?

(BTW.....I like green too!!!)

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Looks good bro

I'm digging your truck and your mods so far. Ever since I owned a dark green XJ I've been partial to green. This thread also reminds me of how bad I want an ECSB instead of my RCLB.

Lookin good man! Get some pics up of your whole truck with those flares on

Hey man, sick lookin rig, I've always loved that shade of green! Where did you order your flares from?

Truck looks good!!! Where did you get your flares from?

(BTW.....I like green too!!!)

Thanks guys! I will get some pictures after I do the last flare today and when it stops raining outside.

These are the flares I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-FLAR...ps=63&clkid=3940376263153334390#ht_955wt_1110

Another member on here named SubLo used them and had a great deal of success. Here is the link to his thread (look at second page): http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...res-cheap-gt/page2&highlight=place+buy+flares

The flares are good, but the mounting and drilling is WAY harder than you would think. If you have larger tires, you will not be able to drill some of the holes unless you get more creative than I was. I was able to do the front two flares without taking the wheels off, but I had to take the back ones off to install the flares. The tape that is included is beastly strong. I had a friend help me line up the flares and hold them in place while I put in the screws. Then, after mounting the flare, I would take it off and clean everything good with alcohol, then remove the backing on the tape and screw it back down.

You have to be patient with the mounting and molding trimming. I would say you need a friend and atleast 2 days to complete it. FWIW.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
These flares are really good for the price, not quite the same as factory but not noticeable unless you know what your looking at

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
These flares are really good for the price, not quite the same as factory but not noticeable unless you know what your looking at

Exactly. And to me, I don't really mind if they are identical to factory or not. I like the look and I love the added protection I'm going to get from them.