My 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Here are a few quick cell phone pics I got this morning.
You must be registered for see images attach

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Sorry about the crappy quality. It was with my iPhone again. I'll try to get some pics with the real camera soon.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
It's been awhile guys. I ordered lots of LEDs from Superbright this past week. They arrived yesterday and I got them in.

Here are some pictures:
Courtesy lights: (Not that blue in real life)

Dome light:

Taillight:

HVAC:

Headlight switch:

Gauges: (Much bluer in reality)

4x4 OFF:

4x4 ON:

Some of the colors are distorted, but you guys get the idea. Over all I am very pleased with the lights. My only wish is that the 4x4 indicator and headlight switch were brighter. I would advise a WLED 5x for the 4x4 and a NEO4 HP for the switch.

I am currently trying to trouble shoot a pesky SES light, and I can forsee it sucking several hundred dollars out of my bank account. Regardless, the night mods will include an upgraded head unit, more bedliner, and a cam. All of this should be before the beginning of the year.

What are your thoughts?

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're looking for another mod to do, I made a custom shifter beings there's no aftermarket ones. Down side is it requires a bit of sawing threw the old handle and splitting it to get it off. Then you gotta make a sleeve to go over the stick with a threaded hole in it then put a piece of all thread in it and 2 stop nuts. I used 3/8 16 all thread and a Hurst T handle shifter until I made myself a custom one a few weeks later. With access to the shop I used to work at, I done it all in a hour or two from start to finish.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
If you're looking for another mod to do, I made a custom shifter beings there's no aftermarket ones. Down side is it requires a bit of sawing threw the old handle and splitting it to get it off. Then you gotta make a sleeve to go over the stick with a threaded hole in it then put a piece of all thread in it and 2 stop nuts. I used 3/8 16 all thread and a Hurst T handle shifter until I made myself a custom one a few weeks later. With access to the shop I used to work at, I done it all in a hour or two from start to finish.
Sounds awesome! Got any pics?

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't of me actually turning the sleeve on the lathe but I do have some other pics of it

Glare's pretty bad here

And my grenade I made a press in sleeve and put a set screw in.

I'll take some more tomorrow but the sleeve is about 3 inches long and is a press fit. I don't remember the inside diameter so if you make one or have one made measure the smallest part of the stick you can at the top and that should be close.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You always drive around with a rifle in your front seat :secret:

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been awhile guys. I ordered lots of LEDs from Superbright this past week. They arrived yesterday and I got them in.

Here are some pictures:
Courtesy lights: (Not that blue in real life)

Dome light:

Taillight:

HVAC:

Headlight switch:

Gauges: (Much bluer in reality)

4x4 OFF:

4x4 ON:

Some of the colors are distorted, but you guys get the idea. Over all I am very pleased with the lights. My only wish is that the 4x4 indicator and headlight switch were brighter. I would advise a WLED 5x for the 4x4 and a NEO4 HP for the switch.

I am currently trying to trouble shoot a pesky SES light, and I can forsee it sucking several hundred dollars out of my bank account. Regardless, the night mods will include an upgraded head unit, more bedliner, and a cam. All of this should be before the beginning of the year.

What are your thoughts?

You must be rather short....Looks great!