My 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Nice, mine is the 4.3l with non everything but I have carpet lol.
A mod you could do is lift it?

I know a lift would look great, but I don't really have the money to do it at the moment. Plus, I cannot take the extra hit to mileage. I'm in college and the only time I get to work is during the summer for a landscaping company lol.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually got a set of all clear lights off of ebay had the corners, the park lights and head lights in it for just over 100. The head lights haven't leaked yet on mine over a year and a half, the park lights will get a little condensation in them but they don't pool water and as soon as it warms up out side it goes right away, my only issues is the corners are yellowing from the sun, I'll probbably take some night shades and smoke them some time soon, and maybe smoke my tails lightly. That is a good looking truck btw, I like your wheels.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I am pretty set on getting Elegantes. I will probably try to black out my corners to save money on the clears. :hmm:

Anyway, how do you all thing no/different running boards and maybe some color matched fender flares would look?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
honestly, your truck looks awesome how it is, but i would just pull the fender well trim off, but thats me, and would show kinda what it would like with fender flares color matched

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am pretty set on getting Elegantes. I will probably try to black out my corners to save money on the clears. :hmm:

Anyway, how do you all thing no/different running boards and maybe some color matched fender flares would look?

I vote no running boards then get a set of fender flares and colormatch em! Your paint will thank you too! Awesome looking truck by the way man!! Wheels make a WORLD of differance!!

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I vote no running boards then get a set of fender flares and colormatch em! Your paint will thank you too! Awesome looking truck by the way man!! Wheels make a WORLD of differance!!

I'd have a hard time stepping into it without the running boards anyway, haha. Anyway, which fender flares? I was thinking about Bushwacker pocket style, but I am not sure if my tires are large enough for them.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

• PS97ChevySilverado_40919.JPG
    PS97ChevySilverado_40919.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 25

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would go with stockers, i think they would look best on your truck with those wheels/offset

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd have a hard time stepping into it without the running boards anyway, haha. Anyway, which fender flares? I was thinking about Bushwacker pocket style, but I am not sure if my tires are large enough for them.

Here is a pic:

The bushwaker pocket flares are BAD ASS!! BUT personally I think they look out of place on a OBS, unless it's lifted with some big meats underneath. I would go with OE style or a style similiar to bushwakers extend-a-fender style flare like 97PROSHO has on his truck. That's my opinion anyway, but it is all about what YOU want on YOUR truck man!

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I got the lights, corners, and bowtie on.

Here are some pics.

Elegantes
You must be registered for see images attach

Smoked corners

Beginning:

Grille off:

Old bowtie:

Old headlights:

OEM vs. Elegantes

New headlights on:

New bowtie:

Almost done:

Got it:

Best pictures I could take in the rain:

Notes:

When painting your bow tie, do NOT use a scotch bright to aid in the stripping of the OEM foil. It will fog your emblem badly. Also, do NOT over heat your bow-tie. I warped mine and ruined it with 10 seconds of heat. :uhoh2:

ALSO:
the corners were tinted by Devs93. I could not recommend him any higher. His prices are fair, his communication was great, and he made exactly what I needed.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I need help adjusting my lights.

Here is what I know: there are 2 adjustment screws per headlights.

I was told I was suppose to back the truck up 20ft from a wall, measure to the center mark of the light/low beam, then mark it on the wall. In this case it was 40.5". I tried to center the high beam on the 40.5 the best I could, then I tried to set the low beams 1" below that mark.

Anyway, here is the problem. There are 2 adjustment screws per light. The screw closest to the wheel helps move the beams up and down, but I cannot tell that the inner screw does anything at all. Is it left/right adjustment? Also, now, my left light is poking out of the grill almost an inch. It was not like this before I turned the inner most screw, and I Cannot make it go back in. Can anyone help?