My 1998 GMC K1500 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98gm1500

Reaction score
Picked up this truck just before winter started, to be honest just kind of bought it because the price was right and i wanted a 4X4 for driving to school and back for the winter, plus lets face it who wouldn't want to drive a truck. Anyways its not really a project truck basically just a daily driver that i've done a few minor things to. The tranny went the week after i bought it :banghead: but got it all rebuilt with a mild shift kit, corvette servos, all the good stuff, other then that put on some anzo clear headlights to wake up the look of the front end a bit, newer GMC chrome wheels, nothing special but look a little nicer then the pitted old aluminums that come on these trucks, put 8000k hids in it, yes i know it should have projector lenses but the hids came after the new housings, im a poor student so what are ya gonna do lol, just put 2" blocks in the back and cranked the bars to give it a little bit of a look and just finished putting in the new skyjacker shocks last week, they needed replaced anyways so figured it was the right time to do that, would like to put duals on it in the near future and maybe get a couple rust free fenders for the front, the pics dont show the rust too bad but its there.. the last two pictures are what it looked like when i bought it and the rest are the most recent minus the new shocks
You must be registered for see images attach

98gm1500

Reaction score
Thanks! i like the colours too, i haven't seen any around my area in this colour combo

98gm1500

Reaction score
267000 kms on it, motor had full rebuild at 220000 and tranny has about 5000 kms since rebuild, hasn't been painted or anything so the clear is flaking in a few spots but to be expected i guess

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Very nice truck, Love that color combo as well. Never saw one with a 2 tone like that before

98gm1500

Reaction score
thanks man, i like it too, never seen one personally with the red on the bottom