My 1994 GMC ECSB Rebuild Slow and Steady

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well ... making more progress put the paint on today on the rear of the frame. Now to decide the next step. I am thinking I should remove the front fenders and hood next so I can get to the front of the frame to prep and paint it and the inner fenders. I am thinking that will make it easier to access the body mounts to install the body lift. I still have to cut out and replace the cab corners but I think i should do that after the lift is in. Any thoughts?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im glad i dont have to worry about that much corrosion!
You did a good job getting that frame cleaned up. I did the same to mine but i only had to use a wire wheel.

Reaction score
Well I cut out the old cab corners and found a little more rust on the sub frame so I will have to wire wheel all that treat the rust and paint it
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ok I sanded down quite a bit and cut out the really bad stuff... so tomorrow I plan on shooting rust converter and hopefully painting it rustoleum black.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Slow and steady!

Oh one other thing does anyone know where I can buy a chevy grill without the cutout for the bow tie. I am de-badging it and wanted to leave off the bow but I like the style of the grill.

Reaction score
Yea I know... I am hoping I may be able to get to a 305 possibly if I have the right Offset . I like the added height but did not want to spend the money on a suspension lift.

Reaction score
Well the cab corners are installed and primered... I will probably start stripping down the molding and working on the doors. I may have to replace the drivers side door, it has some rust in the bottom and is not in the greatest shape. Also plan on working on rockers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I know you already have installed the cab corners, but I would have installed the rockers before the cab corners. ( if you install the larger ones with post curves... )

Also, it would have been much easier to make your joint about 1 1/2 - 2 inches below that indented area ( under where the body molding goes ) and would require less filler and time.

Just a suggestion - now is a real easy time to replace the brake line that runs in the frame behind the gas tank. If it hasn't been replaced already there is a factory joint just behind the tank.

Reaction score
Yea I am not replacing the whole rocker just the exterior metal about 18 inches worth. I added the panel in the indented area because it was easier to hide my substandard bodywork skills. I did not have to use much filler actually. And yes I ordered new brake and fuel lines already and will be adding them... figure since I have it torn apart I might as well replace everything from wheel cylinders forward. I am painting it all black, there will be no two tone it should look pretty good when it's done.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That rust repair looks really good. I did the same on mine and it was not easy by any means!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Wow! Cant believe ive missed this thread until now. But man your making some great progress, keep it up! I love seeing these trucks get brought back from the grave. But If I lived somewhere with that much rust I would probably get a horse or something lol, I dont think I could handle havi g to fix rust all the time