My 1991 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nismokid

Reaction score
Well I figured I would make my build thread. Its nothing too fancy:p. My aunt Bought it brand new back in 1991. It was her daily driver until she got a 2002 Impala. After that she just used it as a work truck. Over the years her sight was going and now shes legally blind. She has no vision in 1 eye and the other she has about 25%. The truck basically sat for the 2 years besides her having the tires, regular maintenance and tags changed. She knew I had been wanting a truck. I grew tired of having to load my tools in my car(Infiniti g35) to do side jobs. So she gave me Old Blue(1991 C1500) thats what she calls the truck along with box after box of all the service records over the years. Its rough but runs like a champ. She took care of it mechanically. Its mainly lots of cosmetics that it needs. I have plans for the truck but I also own other cars (2 300zx turbos, Datsun 510 coupe, Infiniti G35). So things will be kind of slow. I have 2 ls1's that I had orginally bought for one of my other projects. Its very likely 1 will be dropped in Old blue with 4L60E. We'll see I Live in an apt at the moment but planning to buy or rent a home in april. So until then I'll be sticking to my 4.3 tbi v6 with the 700r4:sweak:. The mpg isnt too too bad. Its just slower than a AARP memeber with a rascal.

You must be registered for see images attach

My aunt lives about 3 hours away from me So on my way back with the truck her after market radio she had put in sometime in the 90's took a . So i just threw a radio I had laying around. Well after driving for a week the Exhaust decided to pretty much fall off on my way to work:fca5278d:. So I ordered a after market exhaust for 165$. It took awhile(1.5 weeks) to come in but I'm very pleased with it.

Old Exhaust Below

New exhaust with some comparison pics

A few weeks pass and I start looking into what I wanted to do to the truck in the future. I really liked tonneau covers but came to realize they can be retarded expensive. Until I saw a guy on craigslist with one for sale for 100$ with no pic and contact info. I normally not bother with these ads cause around here it ends up being a scam 7 of 10 times. I email him and no response for 6 weeks. Then he asked me if i was still interested in the tonneau cover. We set a date and time to meet. I ended up scooping it up for for a tank of gas for his wifes accord( about 60 $) It was missing all the hardware, keys to the lock and the 2 side rails. I took the only railing I had to a local place that orders metal and they had it for 2 months and found nothing. I called Astro( the maker of my cover) and their solution was just buy one our new models.:slap:. That was basically just a slap in the face lol. I was fed up with jumping through hoops to get the thing on my truck. So I Went to Lowes bought some 1 inch steel square tubing a few brackets, and some hardware. I made the strikers and strut mounts out of aluminum sheeting I had laying around. I bought the struts locally for about 40$ for both. All together I spent less than 200$ to have a fully operational tonneau cover. I love it.

This pic was before I got the struts

I decided it was time for the old worn out bench seat to be replaced. So I found one on Craigslist but it was a little ways away. I said screw went out there to find out it was coming from a truck that was getting parted out. It had pretty nice interior so I got it all minus the dash and carpet for 80$. I thought it was a steal. He wanted 50$ for the carpet and I didnt think the carpet in its shape was worth it. I told him if the wanted me to just take it I would other than that I wasn't interested. The following day I found a almost mint dash that had been posted up 3 months earlier on Craigslist for 200$. I called the guy and he said he had it and he was about to trash it so I asked where was located. He was in Austin so I asked him If he would bring to my neck of the woods(San Antonio) for some$. I asked him what he would have to have to do it? He said 60$:crazy:. I gave him 80$ for the dash, HVAC box, gauge cluster, radio and more.

My interior before,during and after

I put off my front end conversion for long enough and started doing something about it. I ordered most of my stuff on amazon. The things I couldn't get on amazon I looked for at my local junkyard. I remembered the guy I got my interior from had some of the things I needed. I went back and grabbed the light pig tails and headlight brackets and what not. As I was about to leave he asked If I wanted the carpet. I told him no thanks. He said its yours if you want to just take it. I grabbed it no questions asked and proceeded to take it to the car wash to give it a good cleaning. Over the next few weeks I assembled everything for the conversion. Plus Some 454ss/sport mirrors, some cragars for 40$, a rear view mirror with the temp/compass along with some other odds and ins. I also redid my headliner theres some before and after pics in there too
Well this weekend I installed everything and this is how it sits now.

The future plans are painting it, roll pan, a slight drop, the ls1 swap,and just enjoy it :headbang:

nismokid

Reaction score
O and I have the old grill, old W/T head lights, bumper fillers, old mirrors, brand new 88-94 composite headlight grill, a guage cluster, most of a reg cab manual lock/window interior bone(light gray), the dark gray surrond the goes over the gauges in the 88-94, glove box insert for the 88-94 dashes, a grill for the center vents for the 88-94. I'd prefer local if anyone wants anthing just let me know I'll let it all go for cheap.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Right on man, looks nice a good project! See you've already done a ton of work. Welcome to the site!
If you want to compile your pictures in a neater way, i suggest using photobucket.com to upload your images!

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nicely done. Interior looks awesome. I nees to get on CL and look for one for my ccsb!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

nismokid

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yeah I should have used photobucket. I will use it next time for sure.