My 1988 Stepside, "Golderado"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to share some pics of one of my prized trucks. My 1988 Chevrolet Silverado step side short box. This truck is originally from Florida, It is pretty much all original besides the cowl hood. The truck is truly a time capsule with only 57k on the clock. This truck is pretty much the signature of my collection. It is so cool that this this truck survived so long with out being modified in any way, it even has the original A.I.R crap on the motor. Whether I'm driving it to work, or bringing the wife out for ice cream the truck turns heads everywhere. This is the only Chevy I've ever seen with this gold paint. GM called it Nevada Gold Metallic in '88. The truck still has its original 305 under the hood which makes it even better. I like stuff that is all original the way it came from the factory. This truck is very interesting the way it was built, It has very basic features suck as crank windows, manual locks and the basic FM radio with out the cassette, but has Air Conditioning and the Deluxe two tone brown and tan interior. It is probably one of the most basic Silverado's I've seen. Either way the truck is damn near pristine, It is very difficult to find these early 400s up here in this shape. Friends at work have given it nicknames like Old Gold, Gold Digger, and Gold Nugget, But my favorite is Golderado! Very fitting right? LOL! I hope you all enjoy, - Brad

You must be registered for see images attach

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 57k miles? Dnt think I've ever seen any gmt400 with less 100k. Looks good

Thanks! Yeah its pretty hard to find these with low milage. Believe it or not theres two other 400s listed in my area with low milage, a '90 with 35k on it, and a '92 with 67k.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
nice looking. not a good idea to talk about the interior and not show pics. quit holding out!
what are those things on the fenders?
I'm an interior guy and would love to see some interior pics! :D Better have the Beige interior, since the truck is gold.

Do you mean those "gill" looking things?

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That's awesome, I can only think of one other time I've saw that color.

Remove the stick on fender vents, new impact strip on the front bumper, stock taillights and factory exhaust and you'll be set as far as the factory look.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice looking. not a good idea to talk about the interior and not show pics. quit holding out!
what are those things on the fenders?

Thanks!, I've never been that great a taking interior pics. I always take exterior and engine ones, but seem to forget interior. lol Those are just little chrome fender vents.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an interior guy and would love to see some interior pics! :D Better have the Beige interior, since the truck is gold.

Do you mean those "gill" looking things?

I will, these are older pics I took last fall. I need to get the truck at my dads in the garage. I parked it last October, because I don't want salt and snow on it. And yes it has the beige interior lol, its a little faded, But I want to restore it.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome, I can only think of one other time I've saw that color.

Remove the stick on fender vents, new impact strip on the front bumper, stock taillights and factory exhaust and you'll be set as far as the factory look.

Yeah she needs a little tlc on the ext, the LED tailights are temporary, the old ones were all faded and disintegrated. They sure are bright though! The exhaust is the way it was when i got it, and its obnoxiously loud. Its got true duals from the manifolds back. I was thinking about putting some nice oak boards and chrome hold downs in the bed to give that old school look.