Mouse Nest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally I would never advocate killing animals, but there's no remorse when it comes to mice. Cute little destructive ********. A few years ago I came home from work to find mouse turds on my pillow. War ensued and many a mouse found its way into the trash. A bucket trap works wonders too.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Big glue traps. Eff em.
I tried those. They worked well.
But...
I have a 22 y.o. Senegal Parrot.
Wings clipped so he doesn't fly. (Doesn't hurt 'em. It's like getting a hair cut.)
His cage is never closed. He climbs down, walks across the floor to climb up into my hand for some attention. Head scritches.
Sometimes he'll just get down to go walk-about.
I was having a prob with a mouse population explosion. (Rural farmland. It happens.)
They were getting into his food. Even when the cage was clean, they'd go for the food in his dishes. Mainly at night.
He'd get freaked out & go climb up on whatever he could find that was tall. A lamp. Top of my chair. Bookcases.
I'd placed a couple of the large sticky traps in the vicinity of his cage. In places I figured he'd never get to.
Well...I figured wrong.
Found him one morning. Stuck to one of those traps.
From lower beak to tail, wingtip to spread wingtip.
Couldn't even struggle. He was exhausted.
Don't know how long he'd been like that. 3-4 hours?
It took over an hour to get him unstuck.
Delicate procedure, trying to get him off of it without breaking any bones. Got bit more than a few times.
I don't use those anymore.

You must be registered for see images attach

He'll stay like this for hours.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried those. They worked well.
But...
I have a 22 y.o. Senegal Parrot.
Wings clipped so he doesn't fly. (Doesn't hurt 'em. It's like getting a hair cut.)
His cage is never closed. He climbs down, walks across the floor to climb up into my hand for some attention. Head scritches.
Sometimes he'll just get down to go walk-about.
I was having a prob with a mouse population explosion. (Rural farmland. It happens.)
They were getting into his food. Even when the cage was clean, they'd go for the food in his dishes. Mainly at night.
He'd get freaked out & go climb up on whatever he could find that was tall. A lamp. Top of my chair. Bookcases.
I'd placed a couple of the large sticky traps in the vicinity of his cage. In places I figured he'd never get to.
Well...I figured wrong.
Found him one morning. Stuck to one of those traps.
From lower beak to tail, wingtip to spread wingtip.
Couldn't even struggle. He was exhausted.
Don't know how long he'd been like that. 3-4 hours?
It took over an hour to get him unstuck.
Delicate procedure, trying to get him off of it without breaking any bones. Got bit more than a few times.
I don't use those anymore.

He'll stay like this for hours.

I totally understand!
No birds at my house, only dogs.