Mounting a 10" tire on a 9" rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gus310

Reaction score
I work at a junkyard and s ores a set of black forza 307 wheels I want to put on my truck, but they are 17x10, and im looking to put a 265/70/17 bfg at on it. Seems like it'll be tricky to get the beads set. Any tips, or should I get some starter fluid and a book of matches?

Spent a minute with a big racket strap around the rubber on the tire machine at work, but it didn't seem like it wanted to work...

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
starting fluid will work....alil dangerous in my opinion but will get the job done haha....my preferred method would be to use a "cheetah" tire inflator...they are magic

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
two guys,try to get inner bead set make sure the valve is out of the stem put air to it each guy lift the tire easily up to the bead should catch and inflate

gus310

Reaction score
What's the best way to get the inner bead set?

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheetah For The Win! I work at a shop and use one all the time when you can't get a bead to set. Otherwise if the tire is stiff and cold, keep it in a warm or hot area to loosen it up and the bead will be much easier to set. Oh and by the way welcome to the forum nice truck!

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can get a knock off on amazon for around 40 bucks or you could always make one..

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I work at a junkyard and s ores a set of black forza 307 wheels I want to put on my truck, but they are 17x10, and im looking to put a 265/70/17 bfg at on it. Seems like it'll be tricky to get the beads set. Any tips, or should I get some starter fluid and a book of matches?

Spent a minute with a big racket strap around the rubber on the tire machine at work, but it didn't seem like it wanted to work...

Does you machine have bead blasters on it, also those are pretty cool looking wheels

gus310

Reaction score
They do, but aren't hooked up or dont work for some reason.