Misfire issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not likely if it's just one cylinder.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timing wouldn't cause a single cylinder issue either.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Here is a list . I just went through this . Focus on the p0302 its there for a reason. Something is up with cylinder 2.
Spider , egr sensor(test with an ohm meter) ,dizzy gear(mine was chewed up and upside own) . rotor , cap , cracked plug ( I dropped my headers on mine) , burnt wire, vacuum leak (break booster and or one way valve spray carb cleaner and or propane near around hoses) fuel sending unit ( do a leak down test) , upper lower intake , head gaskets , sticky valve .
P0300 could be cause by a leak in your exhaust , engine coolant temp sensor (not to be confused with the coolant sensor for the gauge) dirty maf , tps
Get an ohms meter even a cheap harbor freight one will work . You need to start testing stuff.

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Dang, vortex r kewl!

The "knock" you speak of is uber common.
I have paid enough attention to figure many of them are caused by chitty intake jobs.
I had to replace my distributor (vortex junk).
How neat, whats a genius idea. I heart fancy coolant! Do yourself a flavor and refill it with green.
What grade of fuel to you burn?

Vortex roller lifters? Fail. People junk em up via poor maintence and cheap oil. Speaking of, when was the last time you changed it?
Vortex are sensitive.

After you buy a bunch of tools you dont have to test a bunch of plastic computer junk you dont need, waste a bunch of time, spend a bunch of money, and perform a bunch of repairs the truck doesnt need, when you're all done throwin parts at it....make sure you tell us what you learned and how much gas and money you saved ridin vortex.
Oh! And how powerful it is, i love thaq ones.

Be sure to vote vortex > Tbi!!!!

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, vortex r kewl!

The "knock" you speak of is uber common.
I have paid enough attention to figure many of them are caused by chitty intake jobs.
I had to replace my distributor (vortex junk).
How neat, whats a genius idea. I heart fancy coolant! Do yourself a flavor and refill it with green.
What grade of fuel to you burn?

Vortex roller lifters? Fail. People junk em up via poor maintence and cheap oil. Speaking of, when was the last time you changed it?
Vortex are sensitive.

After you buy a bunch of tools you dont have to test a bunch of plastic computer junk you dont need, waste a bunch of time, spend a bunch of money, and perform a bunch of repairs the truck doesnt need, when you're all done throwin parts at it....make sure you tell us what you learned and how much gas and money you saved ridin vortex.
Oh! And how powerful it is, i love thaq ones.

Be sure to vote vortex > Tbi!!!!

A vortex is an area of fluid flow that rotates about an axis. Vortec, on the other hand, is a tradename for various engines built by GM since the mid 80's. If you're going to troll something, at least spell it right.

If you have beef with the Vortec engines, don't buy them. Bashing people that own them or like them is childish, rude, and unproductive.

Most of the info you posted is conjecture, opinion, or just flat out misinformation. None of it has any bearing on the OP's misfire issue. If you want to discuss TBI vs CSFI or MPFI, start a new thread or save it for the Chat thread.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after having it on a scanner again i found out the pcm has been changed, as the vin on the pcm doesnt match the truck, so that leads me to beleive that the po had done more troubleshooting than he told me...that also makes me think it could very well be in the valvetrain or cam/lifters...i text the guy about the tap and it was there prior to the intake gasket repair...im gonna adjust the valves and see what it does...the timing was -9 and ive fixed it and still no change with the misfire...but also there is a new code...the heated o2 sensor is triggered now aswell as a random misfire, it no longer is singling out #2 but u can watch #2 misfire on the live data...and watch it go away under a load...thanx again everyone for the info thusfar...