MF direct fit cat 7.4 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 96 2500 4x4 7.4 sub,210K miles, looking at buying magnaflow " front cat #95470 with the downpipes is $410. The back piece #95471 is $377." hottexhaust has a 25% sale on these right now, so about $600 for both parts, has anyone here bought these? any thoughts? looking for easy install and better flow, will use black bear performance computer,

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't speak for either specifically, but I used a very similar Magnaflow Y-Pipe/cats on my V6 truck with great results. Bolted right in with no issues and much nicer than the factory piece. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ordered both part #s after talking to the rep, looks like it has slightly larger dia and mandrel bends, will mate it to the exh system 15699 which is for the 5.7 but if you cut off the flange it will work, they say,,,

these are the 2 pc, 1 caT in each

i will report back when i have it all and try to install it

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996-1999 Suburban/Yukon C/K 1500/2500 5.7L Dual Inlet Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust 15699...Use with dual inlet muffler models...2.5" Dual Inlet, 3.5" Tailpipe ..Mandrel Bent All Stainless Side Exit 4" Tip...Muffler inlet can be modified to fit 7.4L models....

Watch your 350 breathe as it is was always meant to ...enjoy a 6-9% efficiency increase...Your truck will work less to achieve the same results resulting in extra power on tap, or increased fuel efficiency..

the flange on the double pipe on the left is what needs to be cut off

Last edited:

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got these pieces, was out of town and had a shop install, the cats are really nice, the exhaust system is nice , but its not really a bolt in , the shop made 2 s bend pipes and did not use the double pipe in the above picture, sounds good, quiet when cruising, my old cats must have been collapsing because it used to sound terrible above 3 K and now it is fine from 3-4 K, well it was for a week, then i tried towing a trailer cross country , it was great for 3 days and then it died, but thats a seperate thread