Measurements for Bed Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
I need to know how far it is from the front stake pocket to the rear stake pocket on a short bed truck. I'm looking for a set of bed rails for my long bed with a tool box but i cant find the exact length of the bed rails that I'm looking at, the truck had rails on it in the past and i would like to use the old front mounting holes if possible. so if some knows or doesn't mind measuring theirs it would be greatly appreciated.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's because your bed is 6.5 feet. But if they are made for your truck and made to fit the stake pockets they will. I see em ebay alot, and they are for short bed 88-98's and fit in the stake pockets. if they had holes drilled for em like my truck then it might be harder to find a set to work.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
i have a 8 foot bed with a tool box that takes up about 2 feet of the bed rail. The rear of the rail was mounted in the stake pocket and the front was drilled about 6 foot 2 inches forward. if the stake pockets in a 6 and half foot bed are around 6 foot 2 inches then i can just buy a set for a 6 and a half foot bead and install them in the existing holes.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Normal short bed rails will fit on your long bed behind a tool box..if you lived closer id give ya mine. Their just takin up space.