Matt's 1992 "Blizzard" K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotARealK2500

This'll be my last GMT400, I swear!
Reaction score
So I've been a long-time reader of this site and FullSizeChevy for a while. Long story short, I bought the truck off my Engines & AC professor halfway through my second year of General Automotive. It'd been babied, never slept a night outside, and ran like a top. I needed a daily driver while I worked on my LandCruiser, and 6 months later, the LC is still sitting in my garage and my Chevy has become my labor of love. The rest is history!

Current plans:
3" Body lift with front/rear bumper relocation brackets, and gap guards
6" RCX suspension lift or 2" lift block and Moog keys to level
LineX/RhinoLine/Herculiner rocker panels
BFG 33s when budget allows
N-fab nerf bars
Frame sand and undercoating

Already done:
Debadged
Cleaned up donor junkyard rims
Front end rebuild
MSD ignition
K&N intake
Viper wireless lock and remote start
'95+ mirror swap
New grille off '95+ 2500, chrome bowtie
OEM fender flares from junkyard + refinished
Headlight upgrade w/ 4Hi mod, LED markers
Painted rockers (to see if I would like the look of LineX'd rockers)

For whatever reason, the headlights, markers and turn signals all got lightly smoked out by PO. Work truck steelies were in rough shape, so those two were first two go (I've still got them... planning on cleaning them up for winter tires). This is how I got it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Halfway through the facelift (cheap aftermarket Chinese headlights broke and got replaced by OEMs)

As she sits now:

Always loved the OBS trucks, more updates to come for sure!
Cheers!:cheers:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
The last photo did it for me. Crazy how a few simple modifications can change a truck. Looks great man!!

NotARealK2500

Reaction score
Worked a lot over the past two weeks and decided to treat myself to a bit of spending spree.

Prepping the truck tonight, and these arrived first thing this morning!:

3" Performance Accessories body lift + bumpers and guards
3" Oval + Drop step (nfab wannabes) CSI nerf bars

I'm really not a fan of body lifts, but I think if the nerf bars cover the frame up enough, it'll be a good compromise. Now I have to worry about tires though - the 255/75r16s on there right now are probably going to look pretty dinky with an extra 3 inches of clearance. Decisions, decisions

Also! Got new bed rail caps to replace the diamond plate. Tonneau cover is off for now - might stay off if I can find a reasonable headache rack. Opinions on brands (price v.s. quality) would be great. Been looking at Ranch Hand...

Thank God for employee discounts - got a screaming deal on some Moog torsion keys to replace the damaged ones (I know that lift keys do virtually nothing for these trucks, but I was adjusting the ride height and damaged threads started coming out of the retaining bolts... thought it was time to replace them)

Got big plans for updating the stock wheels as well (hopefully it turns out as well as I think it will).
Can't wait for the weekend! :grd:

NotARealK2500

Reaction score
Got the 3inch PA Body Lift installed.

Decided I need some bigger tires instead of the 245s I had on (which already looked too small), and needed some rims to go with them. Pulled out my old work truck steelies which I remember being in better shape...

Did some light sanding and painting last night:

Got some new shoes (285 Mastercraft Courser):

Just got to get the rear bumper relocation brackets installed, and fab up new mounts for my nerf bars - I hate how low the frames on these trucks sit (especially the 3/4 tons) and need something to cover it up before I go crazy.
So glad this thing is finally coming along.

Last edited:

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Such a clean ECSB, really trying to get my hands on 1, preferably a pre 96 c1500.

Great job.

NotARealK2500

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm trying!

Beginning to work on some performance mods - picked up a junkyard TBI unit and port/polished it up similar to the ultimate mods guide. Throttlebody spacer, etc.
Before:

After:

Gave it a proper tune up with correct plugs, adjusted timing somewhat and it's running much better - way more off-the-line power with the new tires/wheels.
Bad news is I attached a vacuum gauge to the TBI unit pre-mods and I was pinging between 19-20 mm/Hg and between 24-28 under load... so it looks like I'm going to be replacing my heads sooner than I thought :dancingpoop::dancingpoop:

Got shorty headers coming tomorrow (aiming for more torque in the low end) and looking at welding myself a new exhaust in the coming weeks/months.
If that gets rid of the awful noise my current manifolds are making during cold-starts, I'll start looking at cams to go with the heads (Vortec is calling my name)

If anything I'm doing is super distasteful for this generation of truck, I want to hear it! :superhack:

Last edited:

NotARealK2500

Reaction score
Picked up a seat out of a totalled 93. Much better!
Currently in the stages of connecting power controls to a driver's seat and running wiring to it.

Progress:

New overhead, going to be on the lookout for a temp/compass mirror next:

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
nice work! really coming along nicely! I love seeing the progress of slightly worn/beaten 400's get brought back to life and revamped like this one, makes me wanna get something similar myself since I was so fortunate to get such a clean well taken care of truck.