Marine Intake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got a mastercraft MCX efi intake. Wiring in the injectors will not be an issue but im having trouble figuring out a throttle body and im worried about clearance in the front. I can take pictures if needed. help? suggestions? Would my T/B work if i Re-drilled the intake? it has a drive-by-wire style T/B on the marine intake, can i make it work? Anybody seen a set-up using this same intake? Similar to ram-jet.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok a little update on this project. This intake has sat around long enough so today I looked at putting it on my truck.

my biggest problem is the throttle body and ac line will get in the way of each other. So I intend to do something cool and fabricate an upper to go on the marine lower and move the throttle body around to the side and this brings brings me to my questions.

Is there a plug and play JY throttle body that would be an upgrade?

I plan on picking an engine harness up and cleaning out all the stuff I've deleted and tie in some new injector plugs.

Also am I correct that as long as I use 19lb injectors my current tune will be alright? I have a BB tune already so I may send it back and have it tuned for the 24# that are in it. Will that cause issues?

It also has a non return fuel rail set up, so what can I do to adapt to it? And just how much power can the stock fuel pump support?

I hope that all made sense and ill be sure to post pics as I do this swap. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like a 4 bolt drive by wire LS throttle body. You would be better off having a hydraulic or hose shop modify you lines to make them work with that plenum. The throttle body could be replaced with a cable throttle 4 bolt LS throttle body, though those are all aftermarket and pricey. You could also get a 4 bolt to 3 bolt adapter and use a stock LS1 throttle body, which can be had at a junkyard or off EBay for cheap. The tune should work reasonably well with the same flow rate injectors, though the airflow differences really will need a tune to make the most of. You can use a C5 Corvette fuel filter for your returnless rails, as that filter has an FPR built in to it along with a return line. You'll have to fabricate the line from the filter to the rail, and modify your return line to connect to the filter, but it would work. Option 2 is a stand alone FPR which you can plumb into your existing fuel lines in the engine compartment.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The throttle body would hit the ac lines if I put it on there the way it is. And I've been dying to make something one-off for my truck so I'm gonna junk the red part and build a new upper and make the throttle body on the side. Which means I can run any throttle body I want but I would like to keep cruise and I had thought about welding a v-band to my current throttle body and reusing it but if there is something plug and play that's better I'm all ears. And any more info on this fuel filter deal? Such as year and model and such so I can track one down?

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My bad after I read that again I realize you meant fabricate ac lines not fuel lines. But I have the skill and ability (and equipment) to fab an intake. Besides I haven't seen many of these trucks with any kind of one-off intakes. ��

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The filter is an ACDelco GF822 or a Wix 33737, which fits a '00 Corvette. The throttle body off of the same year Corvette or Camaro would be a good choice, as they are cheap and have lots of upgrade options. All you need is the 3 bolt flange and you're golden. Be sure to do some research on plenum design before you fab anything up, as there is quite a bit to consider to get the best results.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Imma try to make it the same size but im open to suggestions. And what pressure does that filter regulate to?

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pressure is right around 60psi, just like the stock Vortec regulator. I would check to see what injectors you JJ ave and what they flow at 60psi. May have to retune.