Manual or Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cturner

Reaction score
So I'm selling my 02 and a guy is offering me a 94k1500 4x4 5 speed with a 4 inch rancho and 33's plus 9,000. This deal is very hard to pass up however I don't really want a 5 speed. I also have an 11000 dollar offer from someone else that would create enough cash to buy a truck exactly like i am looking for but with an automatic, which is actually what I was lookin for..... So basically, should I go with the manual or not? :hmm:

pros and cons?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love manual, just something about the reliability and simplicity of a manual gearbox, my truck was the first auto I had owned in years, its great, plus as a male, you should know how to operate a stickshift. A strong, heavy duty 5 spd is also a lot cheaper to acquire than building an automatic to be as strong. Saying that, now that we bought a trailer, Im liking the fact I have an auto. Steep hills in the mountains, the power loss between shifts would not be a good time. Id go auto, I like autos in trucks.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I despise automatic transmissions....however, you don't...I'd say try out the manual truck and if you really don't want a 5 speed, then take the 11000, and get exactly what you want, but if it grows on you then it might be worth considering.

cturner

Reaction score
I love manual, just something about the reliability and simplicity of a manual gearbox, my truck was the first auto I had owned in years, its great, plus as a male, you should know how to operate a stickshift. A strong, heavy duty 5 spd is also a lot cheaper to acquire than building an automatic to be as strong. Saying that, now that we bought a trailer, Im liking the fact I have an auto. Steep hills in the mountains, the power loss between shifts would not be a good time. Id go auto, I like autos in trucks.

Haha I can drive a five speed and have owned a truck with one before, but I think I'm going to just take the cash and get what i wanted originally.