Lund visor and cab lights or lighted lund visor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I happpen to like both the lund sun/moon visor and I like cab lights as well. But looking at pics I like the way it looks both ways. Some have a non lighted visor with cab lights and some have the lights in the visor its self. I wont do both thats just silly, but I cant seam to make up my mind one way or the other. My logical side says just do the lighted visor because it means less holes in the roof.....

Also did they ever make clear lenses for the lund moonvisor? or smoked? I guess a guy could use nightshades to smoke the lenses right?
FYI this will be for my white 94 RCSB.
Post up your oppinions and pics please.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally like visors on certain trucks (obviously including my own lol) and personally prefer the lighted models. They provide a nice light pattern up top, and a clearly visable. Where as the non lighted models, with cab lights aren't as visible at night as a clearance light. Just my opinion, but I like the lighted visors!

As far as clear lenses go, there was a guy from the east coast (the new england are IIRC) on eBay that was selling clear lens kits for the visors! I stumbled accross his add a year ago or so, but you could try searching eBay for them!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Lighted visor would be less holes and less work but i like my cablight/visor setup

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I personally like visors on certain trucks (obviously including my own lol) and personally prefer the lighted models. They provide a nice light pattern up top, and a clearly visable. Where as the non lighted models, with cab lights aren't as visible at night as a clearance light. Just my opinion, but I like the lighted visors!

As far as clear lenses go, there was a guy from the east coast (the new england are IIRC) on eBay that was selling clear lens kits for the visors! I stumbled accross his add a year ago or so, but you could try searching eBay for them!

There should be a picture of mine on here somewhere with just the marker lights on after dark, cablights are clearly visible, ill try to get the picture posted on this thread soon

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Lighted visor would be less holes and less work but i like my cablight/visor setup

Yes yours is one of the trucks I liked with cab lights and the visor. But I am all about simple too, so the lighted visor so far has the edge.

Does anyone have pics of the lund visor lights in either clear or smoked?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The cablight install isnt to bad, last set i installed took about 30 minutes

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cablight install isnt to bad, last set i installed took about 30 minutes

Yes, Cab light installs are pretty straight forward! The longest process of the install is generally the measuring for placement.

Now your truck is one of the trucks that pull of the Visor with Cab lights very nicely Danny!

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Been sitting here thinking about it and the lighted visor with smoked lenses would probably go best with the plan I have for my truck.

Mean green I have a off topic question for you in your build thread you put on power 95+ mirrors? Do they just bolt on then wire them up? I would really like to do those as well.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yep the mirrors just bolt up, as far as wiring for the power options im not positive on but im sure someone can help with that

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if I had to have lights, I'd do lighted visor. As they said less work, less holes, and IMO looks better, never been a fan of big cab lights.

To answer your question though, yes they have made clear lens for the lund visors and smoked or you can smoke them.

the nitehsades would work too.