Lumina Z34 seats and dodge caravan center console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started digging through my storage unit today and found these old lumina z34 seats I had. decided what the hell. I pulled a console from a dodge caravan and managed cobble this together.

You must be registered for see images attach
I like the bench seat but it's not the one that reclines. Now these seats sit about a good 4 inches lower. I'm 6'6 so it's no issue.

I'm entirely sure where the center console came from. I think it was a caravan console or maybe ram. But I might use that z34 console instead since it's red.

Attachments

• IMG_20231008_170618857.jpg
    IMG_20231008_170618857.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure, it's cobbled together, so appearance ain't pristine. But I'm a guy who values function over appearance. You've nailed function perfectly! I'd also expect those seats to be firmer than your factory truck seats, making a more "sporty" feel.
Nice to see what "can" be done. Thanx for sharing! Such mods inspire the rest of us to open our minds when we're at the boneyard. Nice job!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you got some plastic paint/dye and colored the center console to match the interior I think that would bring it to a while different level if you decided to keep that instead of the Z34 console; looks super comfortable and functional!

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started digging through my storage unit today and found these old lumina z34 seats I had. decided what the hell. I pulled a console from a dodge caravan and managed cobble this together.

I like the bench seat but it's not the one that reclines. Now these seats sit about a good 4 inches lower. I'm 6'6 so it's no issue.

I'm entirely sure where the center console came from. I think it was a caravan console or maybe ram. But I might use that z34 console instead since it's red.

What is that push button with the red wire on top of your dash for? My truck had a similar one, but it wasn't wired to anything.
Mine was down low under the steering column.
BTW - I like how your seats match the red interior!

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually swapped out the seats in the z34 for ones from a Buick park ave it feels like like you could just melt into these seats.

But hey thanks man I ain't banging my knees on the steering wheel or my head on the roof of the truck anymore.

Honestly this thing feels like one of those jellybean S10s now
Sure, it's cobbled together, so appearance ain't pristine. But I'm a guy who values function over appearance. You've nailed function perfectly! I'd also expect those seats to be firmer than your factory truck seats, making a more "sporty" feel.
Nice to see what "can" be done. Thanx for sharing! Such mods inspire the rest of us to open our minds when we're at the boneyard. Nice job!

Attachments

• IMG_20231016_100122889.jpg
    IMG_20231016_100122889.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20231016_100128096_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231016_100128096_HDR.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 9

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you got some plastic paint/dye and colored the center console to match the interior I think that would bring it to a while different level if you decided to keep that instead of the Z34 console; looks super comfortable and functional!
Hey thanks. Lucky all the old seats you can just unzip and the throw the fabric in the wash with some dye. The console I'm definitely keeping now that I realized that this one has cup holders.
I'm definitely going to paint it might as well match the seats and that Buick grand national steering wheel.

Last edited:

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh you mean this button?
What is that push button with the red wire on top of your dash for? My truck had a similar one, but it wasn't wired to anything.
Mine was down low under the steering column.
BTW - I like how your seats match the red interior!

It's just for a set of harbor freight air horns I got