LT1 2nd gen version power steering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little (little) heat bend it where you need it seams like the simple answer.

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured the fittings would be tge same, but obviously the placement of the fitting is what would be the problem. I may just go to a parts store and look through their selection, or have one made. I have tge power steering cooler from the vette and will probably use that too

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured the fittings would be tge same, but obviously the placement of the fitting is what would be the problem. I may just go to a parts store and look through their selection, or have one made. I have tge power steering cooler from the vette and will probably use that too
the cooler give you flexability in your return line. b
Can you show me what your engine and pump look like, because an easy fix may be to use a metric o ring to -6an adapter then use a custom 6an line to the gear, because htey make 90 degree fittings for the pump which would give you a decent angle of attack for a hose that long.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the cooler gives you flexability in your return line.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
caprice had the power steering pump on the passenger side and a hard line that ran under the engine to the pump. this is standard GM 3/8's Saginaw stuff, the easiest is probably using AN conversion fittings and the stainless braided hose. you'll have to remote mount the reservoir, either use the one off the vette or get an aftermarket one. the pump us the same as any GM from the 60s up to early 2000s, it just doesn't have the reservoir around it like we are use to seeing.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
caprice had the power steering pump on the passenger side and a hard line that ran under the engine to the pump. this is standard GM 3/8's Saginaw stuff, the easiest is probably using AN conversion fittings and the stainless braided hose. you'll have to remote mount the reservoir, either use the one off the vette or get an aftermarket one. the pump us the same as any GM from the 60s up to early 2000s, it just doesn't have the reservoir around it like we are use to seeing.
its not the same because even the normal saginaw pump can be had in remote reservoir, its submerged pump

The N pump is not submerged, its probably louder but it would have less parasitic loss i suppose

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a decent picture. Its all on the drivers side

Attachments

• 20240227_195136.jpg
    20240227_195136.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 6

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a decent picture. Its all on the drivers side
because your car engine has the TSB service to convert it to a normal serpentine belt, the pump must be a proper rotation pump because the pump was driven by the flat in the OE application before GM modified it