ls1 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
have 96 gmc and just aquired an ls1 need help on wireing. I am wanting to know if can get stock gauges to work with comp and wat would i have to do already know that i have to get wire harrness made

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
contact me via PM give me your home email, I have a lot of info for you if you can read and understand wiring diagrams.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Wiring will be along the same lines as other Gen III swaps, start reading a lot of build threads on here, LS1tech and LS1 trucks. Some run it as a standalone and others will use the 0411 PCM which would allow you to use stock gauges and stock harness.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info and i believe the swap will be huge gain in my truck sorry no photos just got new lap top and havent got my pic on here

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
My buddy and I did the stock gauges on a different computer than a 0411, so know your not limited to just the 0411 on retaining stock gauges. The thing with that one is it has more or better documentation than the other various computers, and gives you some extra options with things like electric fans and such.