LS (L33) into '94 Suburban swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds good, I just picked an 80 to have built also, I know my 408 will scatter my 60 to hell!

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know how I missed this thread. Nice job man. I am in the process of disassembly of my 95 GMC Burb K2500 w/ 454 tbi and whipple. It was nice to see how that lq9 sits in there. Also looks like you used your factory A/C compressor? What bracket did you end up using for it? What snags did you run into with dropping it in? I liked your work with routing the intake and such. I have seen so many people drill and tap the water pump, I was thinking of just grabbing a rad from an 05 Denali (which is what my LQ4 is from). They already have a port for them. Is it because of cost? Who did you use to flash your computer to get rid of the anti theft and give you a tune for the cam?

Sorry about being drilled with questions but you seem to havenall your stuff together so I figured I can get some reputable information lol.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
No worries man,

I used the R4 conversion bracket from LSbrackets.com. I vented the steam line into the water pump because I thought it was the cleanest method, and because I used my original radiator.
There were no snags at all. With the Schoenfield headers and Dirty dingo motor mounts it slid right in, keeping the trans in the original location. I didn't even have to wrestle the motor to get the motor mount bolts in. No other problems with the swap either.
I used East coast supercharging for the PCM tune because they are fairly local, and will deduct the PCM tune from the dyno tune when I get that done.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Last edited:

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
East coast supercharging. . . Thats probably 20 mins from where I live. So where in NY are you in at the Jersey Shore 15 mins from Seaside.

How about your cluster? I know you are 94 and im 95 but you are still drac right?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
East coast supercharging. . . Thats probably 20 mins from where I live. So where in NY are you in at the Jersey Shore 15 mins from Seaside.

How about your cluster? I know you are 94 and im 95 but you are still drac right?

I said fairly local to me
:lol:

I'm just over the north jersey border. Yes I have the DRAC module. I haven't hooked the speedo up yet. I cooked the 4L65...

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I'm guessing clutches. Slips in 2nd and 3rd.

Sent from an obama phone

So are you building up the 4l80e or running it as is? I'm extremely interested in doing this engine swap with an lq9 or an ls3. And how difficult was it to find the Ls heads for the lq9?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
So are you building up the 4l80e or running it as is? I'm extremely interested in doing this engine swap with an lq9 or an ls3. And how difficult was it to find the Ls heads for the lq9?

Its being built up. I used the heads off of my L33.