LS 6.0 Swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I (like many here) like the GMT 400 chassis, styling, ride, well pretty much everything.

I have a friend that works at the local GM Dealer and comes up w/ odd deals. He found a 6.0l out of a 06 k2500 w/ only 60k miles, guy was in for a new tranny and just got all new crate engine and tranny.

So now here's my question, if I was to do an ls swap into a gmt400 what years are easiest? 96-00? 454 or 350 base?

Do I need a donor truck? If so does the year/set up matter (2wd work trucks are dime a dozen).

I also have a built 96 4x4 4l80 to put behind it. (Was saving for a 6.5 project but I'm about down to all nv4500 trucks)

I want a crew cab 4x4 and I have a thing about not canalizing a 6.5 but I will pull a 350 or 454. I would make do w/ a k1500 3rd door and stick the 4l80 in.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, no idea what im doing wrong but I keep getting the random question wrong. What is the answer? I feel pretty dumb having to ask, I just figured something like LS Chevy GM GMC or something along those lines.

Asks most popular truck make/model on the site

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, no idea what im doing wrong but I keep getting the random question wrong. What is the answer? I feel pretty dumb having to ask, I just figured something like LS Chevy GM GMC or something along those lines.

Asks most popular truck make/model on the site
Use all lowercase. I did the proper name spelling as well.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score