Lq9 swap need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherryRed94

Reaction score
Ok so here's a run down. Sold my fbody needed a truck picked up a 94 c1500 dropped 4/6 riddler 20s 5.7tbi ect. Had plans on LS swapping it from day one finally got funds where I should be able to get this done on a budget...."tight budget I'm 17" mechanically I know I have the confidence to tackle this me and my pops have done pulled off 3 LS builds but I'm lost on the wiring. I've looked on lt1swap and I just don't get what I'm looking at
So if you guys can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Again if this is posted some where else I'm sorry
PARTS I HAVE
LQ9 411 PCM and harness dirty dingo engine mounts AC Delco EP 381 pump
"Parts I know I need"
4l80e/4l65e it's staying stock right now so will the 65 be ok? I'm looking for Someone to convert my harness to stand alone I'm in the Chicago area "will ship out if needed" and I want to go cable I have another 6.0 truck intake with cable TB just need to know who to go to for a pcm flash for that and the VATS. Guys again I'm sorry if this info is here just looking for some help.
Anything else needed toss out there
I HAVE THE 12574221 box for drive by wire swaps If anyone wants it. Thanks for reading guys.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm no LS swap expert (or even an amateur) but I can answer one question at least; you can stay 4L65E unless you plan on boosting the LQ9 or going crazy with your tune disabling all the torque management. 4L65E's live just fine in factory applications behind LQ9's, usually until people start boosting them, then they tend to blow 'em up fairly quick.

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What wiring ru confused on? 65e will be fine if you plan to always leave it stock. I'd go 80e

CherryRed94

Reaction score
Stock for now yea but I have a heavy right foot...truck will see the 1/4 and I've got a couple buddy's with rt Rams that I'm kinda hoping a stock lq9 will put me in front of

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
There are lots companies out there that do the harnesses check Google and read reviews and pick from there. What year rt rams?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
2011-14 and one buddy with a bolt on 04 that gots me worried
I dd a 2011 hemi. They're no joke it's a fully loaded crew cab and it's faster in the quarter than my rcsb 5.3.

CherryRed94

Reaction score
I've settled on 80e but now what years can I use I was told it must have a center bolt hole. Is this true?