LQ4 vs. LQ9...the obvious questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blasphemy

Reaction score
What's the weight difference of the 60 and 80? Is it not enough to warrant the swap? And are the crossmembers the same? I know the length is different I'm just wondering if the 60 xmember can be moved back with little modification. I found a decent 80 for $400 but I don't want to spend the funds if I can just beef up the 60 I have. I'll never care to exceed 550hp out of my 6.0 and I'll have to spend a fortune just to get to that level!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you never want to exceed 550 just go 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blasphemy

Reaction score
Well, with my budget I'd be lucky to get to 400

Blasphemy

Reaction score
One thing you forgot to mention that the convertor in the trans is different. Yes the trans will bolt up but the convertor will not. Circle d makes specific converters for these swaps. It has the pre ls end for our 4l60es and on the flexplate side is the new ls bolt pattern

I looked on the circle d website but couldn't find a converter that specified anything a swap. Do you have a part #?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a part number but I can see if I find something

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After looking at some sites. All I can find is info about the spacer. You will probably be fine using just the spacer. I don't remember where I read about the different bolt patterns

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Now I am in question of my 60e bolting up to my 01 LQ4. I have been told it will work without any modifications or parts but I just in case, I still have the donor 65e. It just needs to be converted from AWD to 2WD to be used in my truck.

Blasphemy

Reaction score
I'm going to call the guys at advance adapters and/or SummitRacing because they both sell LS adapter flexplate kits for a reasonable price