Lowering a 91 C2500 8 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Not An SS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting rid of my RCLB 2WD truck, but figured if I could hot rod it up a bit, I might like to keep her around a while longer, since with only 104K, she's still in pretty good shape with virtually no rust and runs pretty good.

I've been scanning thread after thread, not seeing too many 2500 big block RCLB's lowered, but for all the lowered trucks I've seen, it seems like a 4/6 should get me where I want to be with the least hassle. I'm thinking spindles and springs up front, and a 6 inch flip out back-- question I have, will the kits out there work with the 2500 big block? Most seem to be for the 1500's.. Also, I thought I saw something about bed notching, and it not being needed on a long bed. Do I need to C Notch on this thing with a 6 flip?

I'm looking to probably stay with my stock 16 inch wheels, unless I can get something like a Centerline style in 8 lug. I want a tire like a 275 or 295-60 on the back, where the top of the tire is just barely tucked when viewed from the side.

Would love to go air, but the budget and the amount of work I need to do without long term work space is beyond my means at this point.