Lowered to Lifted, 91 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8898addict

Reaction score
Front 6 lug rotor/hubs along with brake stuff has been ordered. Removed the sport mirror's, they didn't seem like they would fit with a lift. Also took a couple pictures of my very dirty 97.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 24

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Ok... Not sure how I missed this thread... Looks good, can't wait to see it finished!

I do not think that factory 16's will fit. I have 17's and the rubes the spindle. I added .25" spacers up front so they would clear! I would assume the 16's would rub bad. 18's or 20's may not. But I'm not certain. 33's will look good with 6" because mine looks stuffed at times. Sorry I didn't tell you this before you bought rotors, but the wider rear axle will make it look a lot better!

8898addict

Reaction score
What kind of offset/back space would I be looking at to be rub free in an aftermarket 17x8.5? I was looking at something like the method standard wheel. In my case do you feel 5 lug may have been fine? While I put the order in, I don't believe it ships till tomorrow. I can still change the order in the morning. The cost of going 6 lug seems to be increasing.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
17x9 with -12 offset should be perfect. That's what I plan on getting when/if I get a set of rims. You could get those and run some 33/12.50r17s or 285/70r17's. (If you do the 4" and the 2") you'll rub running those wheels and tires with just the 4". You could always get some cheaper wheels like the Cragar softs 8s or something.

8898addict

Reaction score
All the brake parts are in. I just went with basic generic replacement parts. I ended up sticking with 5 lug for now until I get a little more research in. It is just a matter of swapping front rotors out when the time comes to find a 6 bolt rear diff. Now I need to decide on rough country 2" or stock coil springs then I can get to installing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Do it!! Lift coils, lift spindles, those leaf springs and some 2" blocks.... Buy you some new rims and some 33's and it'll look great!