lowered my crew cab more!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys lowered the crew cab another inch in front and gave it a well deserved wash. Heres a before pic of front end.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Looks good. That is where I will have mine set at ride height as well.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks sierra! Lol wish i could just set my ride height. Im stuck here. Later hopefully will be bagged.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great!

Gotta ask though:

1. What kind of clearance do you have from frame-to-ground in the middle?

2. Front tires rubbing on fenderwells on sharp dips?

3. What's your notch setup, and are you smacking it yet?

I ran into problems on #1 with my old white extended cab longbed, would drag a gas tank strap on sharp driveway transitions, since that hangs just barely below the frame. Also the heads of the transmission crossmember bolts were an issue a couple of times. Not a big deal, but I "noticed."

#2 was an issue on my current black '94 when it was about an inch lower in front, but they were springs someone else had cut, so that might have been part of the issue. I hate cut springs.

#3 with the BellTech bolt-in notch on mine and drop shackles, I was smacking the crap out of the bump stop in the notch - this is even with the bump stop plates cut off the axle housing. Remember I've got a 9.5" 14 bolt so the tubes are a little bigger than a 10 bolt; not sure if you kept your original axle or swapped a 10 bolt in there.

This is where it sat while I was having those issues. 255/45/20 (about 29.1") up front on the rubbing, wasn't severe, but enough to annoy me.

Richard

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great, love the wheels. I bet those look super cool rolling. Remind me of a somewhat inverted pattern Iroc wheel. What are they off of?