Lower front valance removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluC10

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I've always wanted to remove the front valance because I believe it looks better, that's just me ik a lot of people don't like it. Well the other day I was out wheeling and....well it was ripped off. And to be honest I do think it looks better. But my buddy said that will cause the truck to over heat because thats how the radiator gets cooled. I thought it would go right through the grille to the rad. And my other buddy has a 94 plow truck and he drove it in 60 degree weather with the plow on and it never got over 230. So I think I am fine, any opinions?

OverDrive

Reaction score
I removed my lower valance months ago, and i've yet to have any over heating problems. Also doesn't seem like it would move any air around at all, but that is just what it would seem like to me.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Your fine. Did the same thing to mine, lost it adventuring 4 years ago. The only thing the valance does is make the truck more aerodynamic. Some say it helps, some not so much. Your fan shroud is what keeps the air flowing btw