Lower control arm replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 4wd and I did a pretty terrible job pressing in the lower ball joint on the drivers side and I never wanna have to deal with ball joints ever again.....so I've been shopping online for a lower control arm replacement and I Cannot find one at all they are all for 2wd models. I could use some help here finding replacements. Suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 k1500 4wd and I did a pretty terrible job pressing in the lower ball joint on the drivers side and I never wanna have to deal with ball joints ever again.....so I've been shopping online for a lower control arm replacement and I Cannot find one at all they are all for 2wd models. I could use some help here finding replacements. Suggestions?

No one makes aftermarket lower control arms for the 4wds. You'll have to do the ball joints again or a pay a shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one makes aftermarket lower control arms for the 4wds. You'll have to do the ball joints again or a pay a shop.

Ok well I guess that sums it up thank you. I'm just glad I asked before I bought the wrong thing.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a set of used lowers from the wreckers and will be replacing the bushings and ball joints before I install them. That's your best bet to cut down on install time if that's a concern.

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of used lowers from the wreckers and will be replacing the bushings and ball joints before I install them. That's your best bet to cut down on install time if that's a concern.

Yeah that makes sense since I've gotten this truck it's been a learning experience and half the battle was how awkward it was trying to press them in with the cv shaft in the way.....my friend made it seem like it was a huge hassle to take it out for that but I'm beginning to think some people just don't know what they're talking about.....