Lower control arm options??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegtwyo86

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I've been looking for a wile and I can't seem to find any tubular lower control arms that don't lower the truck anymore than what I have already.my truck right now is lowered 4/6 and I have it sitting on 17x8 soft 8's. I've trimmed the lowers a lot to clear the wheels but they still rub on hard turns. I'm planning on drag racing and maybe auto crossing this truck when I get another dd.......
any suggestions??
Thanks James

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no idea on the arms but if you can weld...you could possibly just notch whatever you need out of the lowers then plate the lower to reinforce it again.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, cut and plate, they'll be plenty strong. Someone before me notched the hell out of the lowers on my old '92 extended cab longbed, looked like they did it with their teeth, and I drove that big heavy ******* like it was a Corvette and never had any trouble out of the lowers. BellTech used to actually sell little A-shaped premade plates you could weld in there, but if someone is capable of doing a clean enough cut that they can weld a plate on there, something tells me they could cut their own plates too. :)

Richard

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well there you go...if Richard says is ok then it has to be ok..Lol. This man knows his obs chevys...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez :gr_grin: don't get me wrong, I didn't personally care for the hacked-up arms but mine looked bad. When I rebuilt the suspension I replaced them with junkyard arms that hadn't been cut as I had no intention of running anything smaller than a 17" wheel. If they had done a better job cutting, I wouldn't have worried.

Richard

thegtwyo86

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone, I have a new dd now so let the fun start on the my old chevy...lol