Loweing Shackles for 2dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Purchased some lowering shackles from the Zone and did some mods to make them work. I installed the passenger side first, being it was easier. After installing it I noticed that the drivers side and passenger side were just about level in height ratio. Would it be wrong to just install one lowering shackle? I have it in 1" spot right now. Theses are for 2dr Hoe....

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah cuz the more you push down on a spring the stiffer it get sooo one side is going to be soft.. if you have the chevy lean go get a spring from the junk yard and replace it..

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You talking front coils or rear leafs? I've already got Belltech dropped leaf springs in the rear.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed the lowering shackles and did the fuel filler hose mod. Gotta tell you, there is not much room. Had to cut down the 2" location down to make it work. There is no way to fit these shackles on these 2drs without modifying them. U can only go 1" with the ones I used. Belltech and Djm might be different but i doubt it by much.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got to get some good pics later today. Last night was too late and phone battery went dead, so I couldn't get any.

J_94

Reaction score
Is the rear frame different between the 2dr Tahoe and 2dr blazer? I bought a set of autozone drop shackles and didn't have to modify them at all. My truck is 4x4 so I don't know if that would make a difference