low rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lost06

Reaction score
Hi. Before throwing stones, I did search but didn't find any info pertaining to my issue. And I need input before I buy this truck.

I have a rebuit 4l60e from a 96 GMC Sierra sitting in my garage floor. I found a 97 Silverado thatneeds a transmission for $1000. Its a really clean truck and the engine sounds good and other than the trans everything seems to operate as it should.

Here's my only hang up and where I need input.

As I sat in it while it was idling, I pressed the accelerator and the rpm's wouldn't go over 1800-2000. Sowhat could cause that? If its.nothing too major I'll buy it.

Thanks for any information.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could be a fuel issue, or it could be something like your TPS, it's hard to say, we need some more detail's, like when it won't rev anymore does it spit and sputter, etc.?

Lost06

Reaction score
Details are sketchy since I saw it last night. But it didn't sputter or anything. It just stopped around those rpms

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low fuel pressure or plugged cats come to mind first, also bad TPS or an extremely plugged air filter.