Low brow Anzo headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! It's nice to have a civilized discussion about this stuff.

In regards to my comments on other bulb types, specifically HIR in this case... I'm not debating that they're brighter than stock halogens. I can't agree that they throw light in an identical way, though. They're probably the closest of the other options, but as I've mentioned before they lack the glare cap on the low beam bulb which the halogens have. I've seen a few sets in person in reflectors with no glare caps, and to be honest it's a little irritating to me. I'm sure it doesn't bother everyone, but it absolutely makes a difference. My advice to anyone running them is to use housings with glare caps to eliminate that effect. The other thing is... I just don't know why you'd need them. I live in an area with a lot of dark two lane roads and I can honestly say that with my factory halogens in those Anzo housings, I've never thought to myself "Man I wish I had more light." As with all discussions on here though, to each their own.

EDIT - Also, @sewlow gave a tip that didn't get nearly enough love. Some of the aftermarket headlight brackets are fine, some are junk. If you have any issues you can always use your factory brackets, though.

I think I have the Spyder version of yours, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WMF8SG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I didn't use the whole fixture, just the part with the lens, I left the stock mounting bracket in place and I couldn't ask for a nicer fit. I got these I think before I was aware of the Anzo. I do like the the fact that the lens is glass, no more sun fading. But they don't have the glare cap so I make sure the low beam bulb has that on it. I just recently got these for my lows, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001C98R1C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I have this for my highs, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00480J5CW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The one thing I am fairly sure of is this headlight assembly doesn't match what the OEM is, I have had to make sure they are in the right place when I go to put the assembly in place. The last low bulb I put in on the driver side I had to use some foam to get it to stay in place. Over all I like the amount of light I get from this setup.
As I read earlier, with the old light fixture in place, if it was rainy and I was on black top road, I think a candle would have put out about a much light.

I would like to try a set of HID's but until someone makes a good setup for our GMT400's that doesn't look stupid to me, I will be sticking with some form of halogen bulbs.

Just my 2 cents on my setup.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After