Gates replacement belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fought with belt squeak, and a matainance supervisor I was working with told me to put a Gates belt on my truck, so I did. That was a few years ago. I havent had any more squeek. The belt also still looks good, unlike the cheep belts did. I guess in this case, you do get wht you pay for.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gates = top quality belts and hoses. Also the only (aftermarket) source for an OEM type belt tensioner, although these days the pulley bearing is Chinese. No getting around that anymore. Still the best tensioner you can buy.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those Gatorback belts are fine too, not sure why they have such a weird texture on the groove side but whatever. I've used them and had no problems. But seriously, Gates is OEM quality and you'd be 100% good with either one. I've never had good luck with Dayco belts by the way so I don't use their hoses, either.

Something I've noticed is what I said on that Gates OEM type tensioner, looks like Murray sells one like it now. I'd still buy the Gates.

Richard